Integrated Reservoir &
Production System Modelling
Production System Modelling
CoFlow is the industry’s first, fully implicit, multi-user and multi-disciplinary Integrated Reservoir and Production System Modelling (IPSM) software application.
- Production and reservoir models can be easily combined to create a single integrated high-fidelity model of the complete asset
- Fit-for-purpose models for each discipline - reservoir, production and geomechanics
- Use a different fidelity for different objectives:
- Refined discretized reservoir model (high fidelity)
- Upscaled discretized reservoir model (medium fidelity)
- Decline curve model (low fidelity)
- First application where three different disciplines truly collaborate on an asset, on the same platform
- Guided Task Catalogue is an interactive mechanism for the entire asset team to organize and build different pieces of the reservoir model
- Reservoir engineer looks at the simulation using a discretized model, while the production engineer may use a lower fidelity decline curve to look at the detailed description of the well and flow lines
The single platform allows teams to easily audit and quality control models. The CoFlow interface is easy-to-use and includes a comprehensive set of integrated workflows which enables all skill levels to successfully create and set-up IPSM projects. The extensible CoFlow architecture allows customers to add proprietary technology or seamlessly interact with other tools in their corporate workflow. The full Application Programming Interface “API” allows users to customize the workflow for reservoir or production engineering “best practices”.
- Traditional table-based black oil models, coupled with thermally-aware correlation-based models in the wellbore and production network
- Minimize volumetric errors across fluid model boundaries which lead to better convergence of the overall system
- Advanced blending methodology to ensure model accuracy while maintaining the performance of a black oil system
- Model different reservoirs producing to a single platform, while preserving the dynamic rock and fluid behaviour of each reservoir
Integrated Optimization and Design Parametrization
Seamless integration with CMOST to specify uncertainty with the base simulation model.
- End-to-end integrated history-matching (HM), optimization, and uncertainty analysis to enable best-in-class HM and lifecycle optimization workflows
- Assess the sensitivity of different parameters, calibrate and history match models with field data
- Optimize operation and completion strategies to increase production, NPV and ultimate recovery
Want to learn more?
Check out the SPE technical papers focused on CoFlow - you'll have an opportunity to learn from our customers and our R&D team on innovative applications of CoFlow in the field. Find out more...