Chemical EOR Modelling using GEM
Learn the basic concepts of chemical flooding and how to simulate this process in GEM.
The topics progress from laboratory design through simulations to field implementation. Combining laboratory evaluations with the proper numerical simulation technology greatly enhances the planning of a successful chemical flooding process.
Builder and Results are used to create, modify data, and analyze the results. Hands-on exercises from laboratory matching to field scale simulation are included to assist participants in building a typical chemical flooding dataset.
- Basic chemical flooding theory
- Concepts of laboratory evaluations
- Saponification and salinity gradients
- Water/oil relative permeability curve changes (interpolation based on composition)
- Phase behavior and interfacial tension lowering
- Coreflood design and evaluation
- Use of CMOST to match the STARS ASP core flood experiment
- Scale-up and Field scale simulation
For inquiries regarding CMG training courses, please contact us by email or at +44.1491.821.114