CO2 EOR Modelling
Learn various facets of Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR) by CO2 injection in a miscible flood process. The course introduces the PVT data creation method for miscible and pseudo-miscible floods using the IMEX and GEM simulators. You will practice building a 3D pseudo-miscible flood model in IMEX to create an EOR scenario based on CO2 injection. The data then will be converted to design a 3D compositional miscible flood model and compare the results to the IMEX pseudo-miscible case.
- PVT requirements for miscible floods using IMEX and GEM
- First contact and multi-contact miscibility situations
- Create a simulation model in GEM and history match core studies for miscible floods
- Create a pseudo-miscible 3D simulation model using IMEX
- Create a compositional miscible flood 3D simulation model using GEM
- Run EOR cases and compare the results:
- Using CO2 pseudo-miscible flood (IMEX)
- Using miscible flood (GEM)
- Tune numerical parameters to enhance the run performance
Also Available in
For inquiries regarding CMG training courses, please contact us by email or at +1.403.531.1300.