EOR Modelling in Tight Reservoirs
This course explores different enhanced recovery techniques that are being used in tight oil formations in the industry today. Four common recovery techniques will be discussed in detail both in terms of technical and economical proficiency. Additionally, well configurations, fracture design, and operating conditions and their impact on the processes will be investigated. Finally, the impact of reservoir permeability on the processes will be demonstrated in order to be used as a preliminary screening criteria when considering a secondary or tertiary recovery method for a tight oil reservoir.
After completing the course, you will be able to apply the knowledge and workflows learned to your own low permeability formations and determine the optimal operating strategy.
- Review of tight oil reservoirs
- Explore the following recovery techniques:
- Primary production in tight oil formations
- Miscible flooding
- Nitrogen flooding
- Huff and Puff
- Evaluate economic and technical indicators of success
- Effects of Reservoir development parameters including:
- Fracture spacing
- Fracture half-length
- Well spacing
- Workflows to determine the optimal techniques for different tight oil reservoirs
Also Available in
For inquiries regarding CMG training courses, please contact us by email or at +1.403.531.1300.