Introduction to Thermal and Chemical EOR Modelling with STARS
Learn how to apply STARS’s advanced functionality to thermal EOR simulation with emphasis on component design. Practice using Builder and Results to create and modify datasets and analyze simulation output. In a series of hands-on exercises, you will build a simple two-component thermal model and two multi-component chemical models.
After completing the training course, you will be able to build simple STARS datasets for thermal and isothermal chemical EOR simulation purposes.
- STARS simulator features and applications
- Component concepts and specific functions including:
- Reaction kinetics
- Solid handling
- Adsorption etc.
- Converting an existing black oil dataset into a 3-component STARS dataset
- Steam Flood, Cyclic Steam, and Water flooding simulation techniques
- Introduction to Chemical EOR Modelling using STARS
- Chemical EOR GUI (Process Wizard) in Builder
- Hands-on experience using Process Wizard for:
- Polymer properties input
- Low Salinity Waterflooding workflow exercises using STARS
For inquiries regarding CMG training courses, please contact us by email or at +1.403.531.1300.