Introduction to Thermal EOR Modelling
This training course introduces thermal enhanced oil recovery (EOR) simulation using CMG technology. Learn the various facets of thermal EOR modelling including:
- Component design
- Thermal properties
- Relative permeability interpolation
Discuss advanced thermal modelling concepts and applications such as reaction kinetics, adsorption and advanced wellbore modelling. Build your expertise through a series of hands-on exercises that emphasize on steam flood and cyclic steam stimulation (CSS) applications.
This course provides engineers, geologists and other technical personnel with the information and techniques required to build a simple STARS dataset and explore complex STARS functions.
- Low Salinity mechanisms
- STARS features and applications
- Black oil model dataset conversion to STARS
- Modelling of steam flood, cyclic steam stimulation (CSS)
- Geochemistry module in GEM and STARS
- Advanced concepts and applications
- Reaction kinetics
- Wellbore modelling
Also Available in
For inquiries regarding CMG training courses, please contact us by email or at +1.403.531.1300.