Modelling of Shale, Tight Oil and Gas Reservoirs
Learn how to apply GEM’s advanced functionality to model shale and/or tight oil and gas. Identify and model different hydraulic fracture methods, including:
- Planar fracture
- Complex fracture networks
- Creating fractures from microseismic data using Builder
This course will teach attendees how to effectively simulate an unconventional reservoir using GEM and successfully apply uncertainty analysis concepts and assisted history matching principles to the model.
- Input shale gas reservoir characteristics (e.g. adsorption and diffusion)
- Model a dual permeability system with a natural fracture network
- Model planar and complex hydraulic fractures
- Incorporate microseismic data
- Perform sensitivity analyses and history matches for a tight reservoir using CMOST
- Hands-on experience using GEM and IMEX for:
- Shale gas
- Tight oil
- Tight gas-condensate
Email or Phone at +1.403.531.1300.