Numerical Tuning Techniques for CMG Simulators
Learn the concepts of CMG’s reservoir simulators – IMEX (black oil), GEM (compositional) and STARS (thermal) – with an emphasis on advanced numerical tuning features available in STARS. Review specific analysis techniques including:
- Analysis of numerical output parameters
- Fine tuning of the input data
- Diagnosis of small timestep problems
Practice modifying data and analyzing simulation results using Builder and Results. Key factors in tuning and managing dynamic gridding and parallelization will be also discussed.
After completing the course, engineers, geologists or technical personnel will be able to fine tune and adjust their own dataset and improve the performance of more complicated STARS simulation processes.
- Review STARS simulator numerical features
- Identify numerical issues
- Fine-tune the dataset through analysis of the output numerical variables
- Identify which parameters in the numerical section are most sensitive
- Solve numerical problems to improve calculation efficiency
- Review datasets before and after numerical tuning
- Tips and tricks for dynamic gridding and parallelization
Email or Phone at +1.403.531.1300.